The Life of Daisy Ditzy Do

October 14, 2005

Boozin' It Up

I have never been a big drinker. As a matter of fact, since I became of age I would estimate that I've had 4 alcoholic beverages a year. My drinking has more often then not been a margarita with my mexican food. I've not been one just to drink without the meal accompanying the booze.

Lately I have actually started craving alcohol. I want to drink it at the end of a long week. I want to drink it with my meals. I want to drink it just for the sake of drinking it. Now, I still have my standards. The drinks can't taste boozy. I like my drinks fruity. Umbrellas are often found in the things I drink. Well, lately the umbrellas have not even been so much necessary. I am happy with the bottle as long as it is fruity.

Why would I want to drink? What fun is it? I don't really have any buddies to go out drinking with. (which is probably a good thing at this point) I don't want to get drunk. It only takes 2 drinks to get me tipsy. And I get really hot when I drink. There is usually sweat and I hate that.

There was a party tonight in the bar at work. Yes, No Fear has a bar in the building. I had a couple of vodka and cranberries. I enjoyed them. I of course sweat like crazy. But still I wanted to keep drinking. I had to leave the party because I had somewhere else to get to. I really wish I could have stayed. There was somebody there I wanted to talk to and did not get a chance. (so kicking myself for not talking to that person) But if I'd stayed I would have wanted to drink more. Don't get me wrong I now I could keep myself from drinking. I am just surprised at my recent appetite for liqueur.


Is this how an alcoholic gets started?

1 Comments:

At Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:32:00 PM , Blogger aimee said...

I don't think it's how an alcoholic gets started. :) I just think it's a phase... we all go through strange changes in our bodies... maybe this is one. I think it's when you start to "need" or depend on alcohol, that's different.
Just be careful of where you are and who you are with! Have an escape plan!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home