The Life of Daisy Ditzy Do

December 06, 2005

A weekend trip to Texas - part 1

I spent last weekend visiting my friend Traci in North Richland Hills, Texas.
I flew out Friday morning. I got up and headed for the airport in what I thought was just enough time. Turned out I had the flight time wrong. The, not terribly polite, man at the check in desk told me he was able to get me on even though I had missed the half hour cut off for checking in. Then he told me to go straight to the gate "DON'T STOP ANYWHERE" he told me. So I hustled thru security and to the gate only to find that the plane was late anyway and he made me rush for nothing. *ghaw* BUT this did give me a chance to to sit in one of these lovely rocking chairs that are scattered about the terminal. It was very comfortable.
Eventually the plane was ready and I was on my way to DFW. Traci's friend Kim was kind enough to pick me up at the airport and allow me to hang around her house with the her and the kids until Traci got off work. Now, I did not get a picture of the beautiful Kim or her sweet kids but I did take pictures of some of her dogs. As some of you know I am a bit of a dog nut. In my lap are Peanut and Cowboy. They are so sweet!
After a little time with Kim's clan of kids and K9s, Traci picked me up and we went out to dinner. We ate at a place called The Mexican Inn. It was okay. Not as good as San Diego's Mexican fare but good enough.
While we were eating dinner I learned something... people in Texas don't get me. I tried a few wise cracks at our waitress. After 5 glasses of water she offered to fill my glass again. I looked at her with a grin and said "no thank you, I might float home". She just tilted her head and gave me a very confused look. Oh well, they just don't get me.
Saturday morning Traci, her daughter Natalie and I met up again with Kim and the kids for a Christmas parade in Dallas. It was 80 degrees in Dallas that day. It was just like watching a Christmas parade at home.
There were so many floats, balloons, marching bands, characters and fun groups that I could not possibly show you all of them. So I have chosen a few highlights.
Mickey Mouse came all the way from Anaheim to be the Grand Marshal.

This one is mostly for Rayleen. Isn't Hello Kitty festive looking?

This was the funniest part of the parade. You could tell who was reading the banner by the scattered cries of "Oh My God! That's so funny!" For those who don't know the Geek Squad, they are a computer repair service that makes house calls.
These ladies were number one in our hearts. Traci and I want to be just like them some day. They are The Dallas Dazzlers. This lovely group of silver haired sweethearts tapped their way down the street. They had formations and every so many steps they struck a pose and opened their jackets to reveal red leotards adorned with JOY in bold print. They were awesome.

You Go Girls!




After the parade we stopped for my vary first visit to Sonic. I did not bother to take pictures of visits 2 thru 4.

I had far too much Cherry Limeade in that 2 day span.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:50:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like Sonic to lure out a lurker. The limeade, the onion rings, the foot long dog. How I miss it so. The closest Sonic I have found is in Yuma.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 7:38:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonic is the best. The first time I had one was with my husband on a trip back to Texas when I was pregnant with my son. Their Tommy's favorite (he's originally from Austin). Unfortunately, the losest one to S.D. is Anaheim. However, I'm thinking a combo Disney and Sonic trip would not be a bad idea. :)

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 7:40:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I got it about the Geek Squad. LOL :)

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 10:02:00 AM , Blogger Daisy Ditzy Do said...

"Unfortunately, the closest one to S.D. is Anaheim."
I know! It is 4.3 miles from Disneyland. I've already mapped it out. :0)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home