The Life of Daisy Ditzy Do

November 05, 2005

Becoming a runner

I started running about 11 months ago. Unfortunately I stopped running about 8 months ago. I have decided to get back on track. I, along with some friends, have decided to become runners. When I say 'runners' I mean the kind that run in organized events even. We started this morning with a little run/walking at Lake Murray. I did better then I expected. The running did not kill me.
Our goal is to get into a few events next month. There are some 5Ks around town. My ultimate goal is to run in Disneyland's half marathon in September 2006. Finishers in that half marathon get a Sleeping Beauty's Castle shaped medal! That is so exciting to me. And, of course, the running through Disneyland part. That sounds like so much fun.
Well, truly my goal is to be in better shape. Being fat sucks. The three months of running that I did gave me the best results I have ever experienced. This time I am going to keep it going far longer then 3 months.
Anybody want to join me for a run?

3 Comments:

At Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:46:00 AM , Blogger HanktheDog said...

Good job! Hope you can stay with it!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:29:00 AM , Blogger aimee said...

Wow, good job!!! I wish I could be dedicated and go running... but my knees sound like bubble wrap as it is, and I'm afraid to mess with them even more. But I'm thinking about getting into swimming. I just gotta see how much it costs.
But GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:05:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Bubble wrap! LOL Well, it is true though.

I admire you Laura, I can't even imagine running. Maybe you'll inspire me...some day when my fat doesn't hurt with each bounce. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home