The Life of Daisy Ditzy Do

December 05, 2005

A weekend trip to Texas - part 2

Saturday afternoon Traci and I supervised as her husband Robert and his friend Rick put lights up on the house. They did a fine job. We were a big help. We sat in chairs in the lawn yelling things like 'tighten up that end, it's looping!' and 'wrap the wire around the nail!'
I am a complete dumb-fart and did not get a picture of the lights at night. Trust me, the house looks good.

Once the lights were up Traci and I went out to get the Christmas tree. This is the tree that will be beautifying her living room for the next several weeks. Nice one, eh?

Saturday night Traci, Robert, Rick, Natalie and I went to the North Richland Hills Tree Lighting. That was so much fun. There was finally a chill in the air. There were kids singing and dancing on a stage. There was a craft tent for the kids.

There was ice sculpting.



Sweet Rick bought Natalie a light wand. She loved it.

We met up again with Kim and her family. This time she had Peanut with her. I got to snuggle him for the tree lighting and fireworks.

Just in case Rick is reading this: Peanut did NOT pee on me!

We passed this beautifully decorated house on the walk home from the tree lighting. I really like the lights. Well done Traci's neighbor.

Aside from an asthma attack that had Traci getting a breathing treatment from paramedic (she is okay), it was a really fun night.

Sunday came all too quickly. After church in the morning and a quick oil change at Wal-mart, Traci, Rick and I headed for the mall. I got these adorable boots.

We stayed at the mall until the last possible second. Unfortunately I made it to the airport just in time to get back home on time.

I miss Traci already.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:13:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'll comment more later as I didn't even read your posts yet...I just looked at the pics.

I have to say...LOVE LOVE LOVE the boots!!

:)

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:12:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have another friend in Texas, remember? Call me the next time you're here. I'd love to see you; even if for a minute.

Charlotte

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:53:00 PM , Blogger Daisy Ditzy Do said...

aw, Charlotte! Just seeing your name made my heart do a happy dance. Hugs Hugs Hugs
I plan to be out there again either in February or April. We will do something then. I don't think I have an email address for you. My personal email is linked to my NPBC Forum user profile. Email me so we can make a plan and maybe even chat a bit.
Hugs Hugs Hugs again
It's so good to hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home