The Life of Daisy Ditzy Do

January 05, 2007

How I spent my holiday

I had just about the bestest holiday break ever!

Every year between Christmas and New Years, my office shuts down. This year I was really trying to get out of town for the holiday. Both of my brothers were out of town with their in-laws and we'd decided to put off our family Christmas until everyone was back in town. None of my plans where coming together. I was facing a boring week. Sure I'd get plenty of rest and all but what fun would I have? I was beginning to think this was going to be the biggest waste of a week off in history.

Then my luck changed. My luck changed for the good. My BFF, Traci, called. Her sister would be leaving for Italy in the morning and her dog sitter called just moments earlier to cancel. (on a side note: We can't be too mad at him. I'm told he was offered a trip to Hawaii.) Traci apologized for the short notice and asked if I would be able to dog sit for 10 days. My heart jumped for joy! I responded calmly, "I could do that". Wohoo!!! Who needs to get out of town??? I've got dogs for my vacation!!! Wohoo!!!

I had the best time! The dogs were so very much fun. They are both so fantastic in there own ways.
Willie, the Pug, is just a lover to the core. Every time I sat down he raced to my lap. And OMG! He's so cute! When he gets excited, he snorts. He provided me with many giggles over that 10 day span.
Pepper, the Miniature Schnauzer, is a little fireball. She is so full of energy. She has lots of toys with squeaky centers. Those toys are great for fetching or playing a little tug-of-war. She provided many laughs too. She like to get right in your face. She is not so interested in licking your face. She just gets right up into your face and stares at you. What is with that? I could not really figure that out but it made me giggle when she did it.


Willie, Pepper and I walked around the neighborhood a bit but they knew there had to be more. So, we loaded up and ventured out to Balboa Park. I think it was pretty exciting for them. We listened to a little music at The Organ Pavilion.


We checked out some pretty big fish in the lily pond.



Then we headed over to check out the fountain.



The fountain seemed to meet the their approval so we decided to hang around there for a little bit to watch the people go by.



Now here's were things got a little crazy. While we were peacefully enjoying the fountain. The kids noticed a handsome English Bulldog approaching. They apparently had something very important to tell this Bulldog. They immediately began barking and desperately try to get closer to him. It did not seem the Bulldog was so interested in what Willie and Pepper had to tell him, so I held on to Pepper's harness and attempted to calm her down while I tried to grip Willie's harness with the other hand. Sure that this dog would want to talk to him, Willie did his best to squirm out of my grip. In doing so, Willie managed to slide himself right out of his harness. Still sure the Bulldog would want to hear what he had to say, Willie ran toward him as fast as his little legs would allow. Luckily, that's not very fast. Having seen what happened and heard my cries a very nice woman reached down and stopped Willie. Thank you kind woman, thank you.
After all that excitement we took another moment or two by the fountain to settle down, and then headed home. It was a mighty fine day.


I realize that had Willie and Pepper's Mom and Dad been home the actions pictured below would have been... well... frowned upon. But, I left my sock unguarded and I thought they looked pretty cute, so I let them go ahead while I took pictures of the madness.


There was much excitement in those 10 days. At the end of each of those 10 exciting days were 10 cozy lap dog nights.



Most nights while they snuggled in my lap, I knitted. I knitted this little number for Pepper. Unfortunately I did not get to finish Willie's sweater while I was there. I'll have to post pictures of that when it's done.



I did get to finish this Argyle sweater for Kung Fu. I am very pleased with how it turned out.


I had the best time with those crazy kids. I hope I get to do it again some time.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 11:31:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The dogs are cute...and I LOVE that argyle sweater! Kung Fu is one lucky dog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home