The Life of Daisy Ditzy Do

May 02, 2006

I have a little dream

I am a baseball fan. Go Red Sox! Beyond being a baseball fan, I am a fan of ballparks. I like the way they reflect their team and city. Each park has a little (or maybe big) something the makes it special. My little dream is to see a game in every major league ballpark. So far I have been to: San Diego's Petco Park, L.A.'s Dodger Stadium, Anaheim's Angel's Stadium, San Francisco's AT&T Park, Boston's Fenway Park, and, added to the list last week, Arlington's Ameriquest Field. I think I am off to a pretty good start.

Fenway is by far my favorite ballpark. The feeling of history there is fantastic. Fenway opened in 1912. Not much has changed there over the years and not much should. When I was in Boston in 1995 my fantastically wonderful Auntie Penny and I took the
Fenway Park Tour. That was the best thing I have ever done in Boston. (That's saying a lot. I love Boston.) I got to sit in the dugout. (both home and visitors) I sat in the very dugout Babe Ruth sat in. Holy Cow! The tour also took us out for an up-close look at the Green Monster. That was so cool! We could see all the dents in the wall. I will definitely be taking that tour again.

I did not get to take the tour of Ameriquest Field but I will be back to Texas. And I WILL take that tour. What I like most about Ameriquest Field is the architecture. The Stars and Long Horns that line to outside are so great. So very Texas. And in the out field the the white railing, adorned with more stars, that line the out field boxes are really eye catching. I wish I had gotten more pictures at Ameriquest. I will have to take more next time. Here are a few:
This is the sort of 'midway' area. They have booths set up for hitting and pitching.


There is also this mini field for the kids to get a game in. It is so darn cute!

This is the view of the field from that area.


This is the view of the field from our seats.




I wish I had a picture of the exterior to show you but I did not get one. Darn it! Now I will have to go back for sure. tehehe

I know some of you are wondering how things went with Rick. Things went fantastically! I had a really great with him. We are still talking constantly. And he is hoping to get out to San Diego next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home